Monday, July 2, 2018

EEND 680 Reflection



The module on learning walks was particularly memorable for me. We have learning walks in our building where teachers are always a little nervous and jazz up their instruction on those days for fear of being evaluated. The district has never come out and told us we are not being evaluated, nor have they shared any tools they use to go through the walkthroughs. I think several of the articles in this module opened my eyes to what the district is doing when they do these walks. I plan on sharing this information with my colleagues and if I am given the opportunity I would like to share those resources with administration.

I enjoyed the discussions around challenges we are facing. It’s so important for us as educators to put to words what is frustrating us and find people to help us get through those struggles. I was thankful for peers that can relate or offer their insight to help get through this obstacles.

This course has helped me feel more comfortable in my leadership role. This course has helped reassure that I am doing what is best for staff I work with even if they push back and are resistant to my suggestions or helpful information. I have two classes left and the test to become a certified technology specialist. I’m looking forward to continuing my coaching and to use that title to advance my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment