This blog is for sharing resources gathered during my coursework at University of St. Francis.
Tuesday, July 3, 2018
EEND 676 Reflection
I feel that I have a better understanding for collaboration after this course. I always thought have students work together is just good for their socialization, but there is so much more to it when you consider the direction our world is moving. We live a changing world of collaboration in the workplace and our students need to be prepared for such jobs. Gone is the teacher directed classroom and problem solving and collaboration is a trend that is here to stay. The higher order thinking that takes place when students are left to figure things out with each other cannot be replaced by a teacher’s lecture.
I plan on making sure that I have a collaborative component to every activity and students understand that their contribution matters and it’s not just group work where everyone gets the same grade. All voices matter! I will be using the collaborative web tool shared activity to be a resource guide for future application considerations.
As a teacher leader, I will not hold onto this information for myself, but I will speak for its importance during planning meetings. I plan to share a majority of assignments with my colleagues and even several articles that I think can help my coworkers understand the power of collaboration better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment