Friday, April 6, 2018

EEND 678 Course Reflection

As I reflect on this course, I look at how it contributes to my role as an educator and a technology coach.  I found the article Problem-Based Learning: Six Steps to Design, Implement, and Assess has stuck with me the most.  After reading this article I promptly shared it with co-workers.  I thought it was short, to the point, and helpful for designing PBL.  The article included examples to help guide teachers through the process of creating a PBL.  This would be a great article to include in a PBL professional development. When we were working on our PBL units, I loved having the discussion board to show my plan and get feedback.  My classmates had a lot of great ideas to help make my PBL better! That discussion was the most beneficial because I plan to use that PBL I created and appreciated the help. I have certainly grown as a connected educator because of this course through reaching out to classmates I’m reminded of the importance of professional learning networks.  While my school may not have a large faculty, there are thousands of educators eager to create classrooms that share my vision and can offer me great support. I will continue to use my PLN and classmates I’ve met through my studies at St. Francis to development and strengthen my knowledge of technology in the classroom and earn my endorsement. This course was a wonderful opportunity to share with each other the ways we all use technology.  The tech tool hunt and management slides activities were collaborative and something I can share with colleagues immediately. I look forward to using the PBL unit and other class activities in my own classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment